Welcome to the Beginners Digital Photography Course - Winter Program!
This course will teach you how to get the most from your digital camera by understanding the basics of photography and by mastering its tools.
You will learn about the history and theory of photography but most of all you will put the theory into practice. Being able to control your camera is crucial to get the results you wish for and to become a better photographer.
You will understand the basics of operating a camera and get dozens of practical tips to take your photography to the next level, illustrated with real-life examples. Also, you will learn about all the elements that come together to make a good picture and how they relate to each other.
If you are just starting out, if you are thinking abut upgrading your camera, or if you want to take the dust off the camera you already have this course is for you.
What will you learn :
- Get to know the Masters of Photography
- Get comfortable with your camera and learn about camera equipment
- Understand the basic concepts of Shutter Speed, Aperture and ISO
- Understand the basic concepts or metering, Exposure and White Balance
- Work and play with light in any situation, such as night photography
- Master the three key aspects of photography: Composition, Composition, Composition
- Understand how to use accessories like camera tripod and remote flash
- Introduction to photo editing, to shooting in RAW vs. JPEG, and to portfolio creation.
What's included :
- 6 sessions (2 hours per session)
- Homework assignment after each session
What's not included :
- Field trip at the end of the course (meals, transportation costs, access fees to venues). The location of the field trip will be decided upon discussion with the participants, following their interests.
When & Where :
- All sessions, excluding the field trip, will be located in MixtUp studio space in De Pijp area in Amsterdam. The full address is available on the map below.
- The course will start on Tuesday, January 24th 2017, and then run on a weekly basis every Tuesday until February 28th. The course sessions start promptly at 19:00 and finish at 21:00.
Price & Registration :
- The price of the course is € 300 per person, excluding the fieldtrip. Registration closes at 6:00 pm on January 22nd, 2017. In case of course cancellation, all registered participants will be informed and reimbursed a minimum of 48 hours before the course starts date.
For more information, please send an email to email@example.com