Pivot East Outreach Workshop - Nairobi
Saturday, March 23, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM (EAT)
Pivot East is East Africa’s premier mobile startups pitching competitions held annually since 2011. Pivot East 2013 will be held on 25th and 26th June 2013 in Kampala Uganda.
On 23rd March 2013, Pivot East team will host the second workshop in Nairobi. The theme of this workshop is: Raising the quality of mobile startups in the region and improving their investability.
Where: iHub (4th Flr Bishop Magua Center)
Date: 23rd March 2013
Time: 10:00am - 12:30 pm
The judging panel in this year's event will be focusing on three main areas when scoring. These areas will be the focus of the workshop in Nairobi.They are:
- Defining the customers’ problem and the unique solution.
- Searching for a viable business model and going to market.
- Demonstrating traction and commitment towards being an investable business.
Application for Pivot East 2013 is ongoing on, the deadline is 15th April 2013.
When & Where
m:lab East Africa
m:lab East Africa is a consortium of four organizations aiming to be a leader in identifying, nurturing and helping to build sustainable enterprises in the knowledge economy. The consortium members and their roles are :-
- eMobilis, Education, training, accredition and certification.
- World Wide Web Foundation – curriculum and content, training and Education
- The University of Nairobi School of Computing and Informatics for rigorous academic research
- iHub for community interaction, development space, events and access to capital and markets