Puppet Architect Course (2 days)
In Puppet Architect students will learn how to design their own infrastructure and define their own right way to implement Puppet.
Note: This is an advanced level course.
Students will use advanced Puppet DSL techniques affecting how modules are architected. Students will learn classification and data lookup techniques, and will be able to determine the most efficient and extensible architecture to scale Puppet to their own needs.
After completing this course students will be able to architect a robust Puppet infrastructure integrated with external tooling and scale up to meet growing business demands. They will be able to evaluate design patterns and workflow alternatives and develop policies that work well for their own organization.
In this course, we expect students to have an intimate understanding of their site needs and have a reasonable idea of how they can use Puppet to manage their infrastructure. They should be expert sysadmins with an understanding of the operating system and the impact of various tuning techniques.
The course is designed for site architects and DevOps professionals with a solid understanding of configuration management strategies and sysadmin skills.
- Designing and implementing an efficient development workflow.
- Designing complex Hiera datasource hierarchies.
- Sharing data between nodes via exported resources.
- Using MCollective from the command line to automate infrastructure orchestration.
- Estimating the number of nodes their Master(s) can support.
- Using r10k to automate Puppet code deployment.
- Dynamic provisioning strategies providing for rapid infrastructure scaling.
- Designing a scaled architecture for their infrastructure.
- Managing multiple Puppet environments in an effective manner.
- Interacting with the Puppet Master using the REST APIs.
- The underlying message passing protocol that MCollective is built on.
- Scaling the ActiveMQ messaging bus.
- Integrating Puppet with external tools via Hiera backends, report processors, etc.
EUR 1495 (excluding VAT/BTW)
- We also accept Company Purchase Orders and invoice options. Please contact us directly.
- Lodging assistance is available.
For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)88 707 1000
Customer may cancel a class at any time. If Customer notifies Amazic in writing that it will not attend the class at least fourteen business days in advance of the class, Amazic will refund to Customer the amount Customer paid for the class. If Customer notifies Amazic in writing that it will not attend the class less than fourteen but more than seven business days in advance of the class, Customer must still pay for the class and Amazic will provide Customer with a credit for the amounts paid for the class that Customer may apply to any other class offered within one year from the date of the cancelled class. If Customer fails to notify Amazic that it will not attend the class at least seven business days in advance of the class, Customer must still pay for the class, and Amazic is not required to issue Customer a refund or a credit.
Amazic may reschedule or cancel the date, time and location of a class at any time, and may freely replace any personnel who may be scheduled to teach the class. Should Amazic cancel a class, unless such cancellation was for circumstances beyond Amazic’s control, Amazic will refund to Customer any amounts paid for said class. If Amazic has to cancel a class for circumstances beyond its control, Amazic will issue Customer a credit for the amounts paid by Customer for the class that Customer may apply to any other class offered within one year from the date of the cancelled class. Otherwise, Amazic is not liable to Customer for any other costs, expenses or amounts incurred by Customer in relation to the class (for example, any travel expenses or lost business time).