Puppet Fundamentals Course (3 days)
In Puppet Fundamentals students will learn the right way to manage an infrastructure.
Students will start by installing Puppet Enterprise, then learn Puppet best practices and use Puppet to write simple classes, and update and extend existing modules. Puppet Fundamentals is taught through a combination of lecture and relevant, real world, hands-on exercises.
After completing this course, students will be able to deploy basic system configurations using best practices for Puppet in a Master-Agent setup.
In this course, we expect students to have little to no experience with Puppet Enterprise (or Puppet Open Source) and are looking to build a foundation for future growth, experience, and knowledge.
- The fundamental component roles that make up Puppet Enterprise (and Puppet Open Source).
- The core concepts for the Puppet DSL, including:
- Modules and Classes
- Language Constructs
- Separating logic from presentation by using Templates.
- Modelling repeatable portions of your configuration by using Defined Resource Types.
- Building a foundation for building more complex configurations by using Advanced Classes:
- Parameterized Classes
- Introduction to Inheritance
- Introduction to Data Separation using Hiera
- Revisiting Classification using parameterized classes & ADB
- An introduction to using modules from the Puppet Forge and Supported Modules.
- A brief introduction to the Roles and Profiles design pattern.
EUR 1995 (excluding VAT/BTW)
- We also accept Company Purchase Orders and invoice options.
- Lodging assistance is available.
For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)88 707 1000
Customer may cancel a class at any time. If Customer notifies Amazic in writing that it will not attend the class at least fourteen business days in advance of the class, Amazic will refund to Customer the amount Customer paid for the class. If Customer notifies Amazic in writing that it will not attend the class less than fourteen but more than seven business days in advance of the class, Customer must still pay for the class and Amazic will provide Customer with a credit for the amounts paid for the class that Customer may apply to any other class offered within one year from the date of the cancelled class. If Customer fails to notify Amazic that it will not attend the class at least seven business days in advance of the class, Customer must still pay for the class, and Amazic is not required to issue Customer a refund or a credit.
Amazic may reschedule or cancel the date, time and location of a class at any time, and may freely replace any personnel who may be scheduled to teach the class. Should Amazic cancel a class, unless such cancellation was for circumstances beyond Amazic’s control, Amazic will refund to Customer any amounts paid for said class. If Amazic has to cancel a class for circumstances beyond its control, Amazic will issue Customer a credit for the amounts paid by Customer for the class that Customer may apply to any other class offered within one year from the date of the cancelled class. Otherwise, Amazic is not liable to Customer for any other costs, expenses or amounts incurred by Customer in relation to the class (for example, any travel expenses or lost business time).