Puppet Practitoner Training (3 Days)
In Puppet Practitioner students will learn why they should manage their Puppet infrastructure the right way.
Note: This is an advanced level course.
Students will learn multiple ways to accomplish tasks in Puppet and how to choose which is most appropriate for a given situation. Students will design and build modules, and extend modules from the Forge. Students will also learn best practices for implementing Roles & Profiles in their infrastructure.
After completing this course students will show a mastery of the Puppet DSL and common design patterns providing them with solutions for problem solving techniques and a better understanding of Puppet Best Practices.
In this course, we expect students to have a reasonable level of Puppet experience and are looking to expand their knowledge. Students should have completed Puppet Fundamentals or have the equivalent hands-on experience with Puppet--at least six months to a year.
The course is designed for senior system administrators and DevOps professionals with a solid understanding of configuration management strategies.
•6+ months of experience using Puppet
- More advanced Puppet DSL constructs that can be used to write more elegant code.
- Using data structures to create resources programmatically.
- Using custom facts to expose information about nodes.
- The concepts of modularity and composability and how they refer to module design.
- Methods for testing your Puppet code and infrastructure.
- Using MCollective from the command line to automate infrastructure orchestration.
- Troubleshooting techniques and standard log files.
- The Roles & Profiles design pattern and the benefits it offers.
- Several different methods for managing portions of files.
- Why the Anchor Pattern exists and when one should use it or the `contain()` function.
- Creating generalizable modules and contributing them back to the community via the Puppet Forge.
- Sharing functionality between classes using inheritance.
EUR 1995 (excluding VAT/BTW)
- We also accept Company Purchase Orders and invoice options. Please contact us directly.
- Lodging assistance is available.
For more info: email@example.com or +31 (0)88 707 1000
Customer may cancel a class at any time. If Customer notifies Amazicsoft in writing that it will not attend the class at least fourteen business days in advance of the class, Amazicsoft will refund to Customer the amount Customer paid for the class. If Customer notifies Amazicsoft in writing that it will not attend the class less than fourteen but more than seven business days in advance of the class, Customer must still pay for the class and Amazicsoft will provide Customer with a credit for the amounts paid for the class that Customer may apply to any other class offered within one year from the date of the cancelled class. If Customer fails to notify Amazicsoft that it will not attend the class at least seven business days in advance of the class, Customer must still pay for the class, and Amazicsoft is not required to issue Customer a refund or a credit.
Amazicsoft may reschedule or cancel the date, time and location of a class at any time, and may freely replace any personnel who may be scheduled to teach the class. Should Amazicsoft cancel a class, unless such cancellation was for circumstances beyond Amazicsoft’ control, Amazicsoft will refund to Customer any amounts paid for said class. If Amazicsoft has to cancel a class for circumstances beyond its control, Amazicsoft will issue Customer a credit for the amounts paid by Customer for the class that Customer may apply to any other class offered within one year from the date of the cancelled class. Otherwise, Amazicsoft is not liable to Customer for any other costs, expenses or amounts incurred by Customer in relation to the class (for example, any travel expenses or lost business time).