The Insider Threat and combining enhanced Fraud with Cyber:
Attribution, detection, management and prevention
The greatest cyber threat to the security of companies and government is not the hacker attacking from beyond network walls. It is the insiders already within those walls, and equipped with an all-access pass. A malicious threat to an organization that comes from people within the organization, such as employees, former employees, contractors or business associates, who have inside information concerning the organization's security practices, data and computer systems. The threat may involve fraud, the theft of confidential or commercially valuable information, the theft of intellectual property, or the sabotage of computer systems. On another note, the overwhelming part of the threats and incidents are unintentional, originating from unaware IT- users and employees and leading to accidental data loss. An integrated, holistic and risk-oriented approach is required, to prevent the data breach from the compromised insider, stop the malicious insider and block accidental data loss
Despite this known and expanding risk from insiders, there is little attention paid to this issue. There is an overall lack of knowledge of insider threats, and the public and private sector cannot share what they do not know.
What are the main personnel issues, including cyber security challenges and capabilities? How to implement a solid insider threat management process? How do we deal with ethical and privacy considerations versus monitoring capabilities? What are best practices, approaches and solutions available to combat the threat from the inside?
These topics and more will be covered on Tuesday, 9 May 2017 in Brussels.
09.30 : Welcome & Registration
10.00 : Introduction by Ulrich Seldeslachts, CEO LSEC Setting the scene and introducing the speakers and the agenda of the day.
Morning Program - Insider Challenges Debate :
- 10.15 : KPMG, Els Hostyn
- 11.00 : ObserveIT (tbc)
- 11.30 : BAE Systems: Insider fraud, by Bulent Teksoz, Cyber Security Strategist, BAE Systems
- 12.10 : panel debate
- 12.30 : lunch
Afternoon Program - Insider Challenges Solutions Debate :
During this part, all technology providers provide a short and condensed overview of their perspective of the challenge and how they tackle it from their perspective, followed by a broad debate amongst participants in a panel discussion relating to that variety and complexity of challenges and how to provide an integrated perspective.
- 13.15 : Deloitte : insider threat from a holistic perspective
- 13.30 : End Point and Data Leakage Prevention capabilities : Stijn Rommens, Director Systems Engineering, Cloud Security at Symantec
- 14.00 : Detection Technical perspectives overview and considerations - detection, (user) behavioral analysis : Toreon, Dieter Sarrazyn
- 14.30 : Discovering Rogue Identities : Brainwave, Guy Duray
- 15.00 : RSA : Enterprise Risk Mgt & Dashboarding
- 15.30 : Privileged Account Management and distributed access management : Quest - Dell/EMC, Dave Vijzelman
- 16.00 : monitoring detection capabilities via SIEM : IBM, Q-Radar and Watson insights
- 16.30 : debate and discussion
The Insider Threat, Tuesday 9 May 2017 from 09.30am-5pm, Brussels
Participation to this event is free of charge upon prior confirmation; participants interested in the handouts and presentations of the day will be charged a minor fee (121 €) to accomodate for the handling costs and taxes