Understanding The EdTech Ecosystem in Kenya
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM (EAT)
m:lab East Africa in partnership with iHub and Intel, will for the first time host a Wireless Wednesday meetup on Education on 15th May 2013. The meetup is themed: Understanding The EdTech Ecosystem in Kenya. The meetupwill bring together stakeholders in the Education Sector to discuss and explore the EdTech ecosystem.
The meetup will be attended by stakeholders from the NGO, Government, Phone Manufacturers, Teachers, mobile operators, entrepreneurs, mobile app developers among others.
Key discussants during the event will be:
George Waititu - Former MD Synovate
Dr. Eva Makhanu - Lecturer Strathmore University
Kago Kagichiri - Co-Founder & CTO MPrep
Wolfgang Peterson - Intel
- Mr. Opiyo - Deputy Headteacher Chandaria Primary School
The meetup will take place from 12.00pm - 2.00pm . Register here to attend
When & Where
m:lab East Africa
m:lab East Africa is a consortium of four organizations aiming to be a leader in identifying, nurturing and helping to build sustainable enterprises in the knowledge economy. The consortium members and their roles are :-
- eMobilis, Education, training, accredition and certification.
- World Wide Web Foundation – curriculum and content, training and Education
- The University of Nairobi School of Computing and Informatics for rigorous academic research
- iHub for community interaction, development space, events and access to capital and markets